Three of the stars of Strictly Come Dancing are reportedly in a ‘throuple’, which is said to have ‘raised more than few eyebrows’ backstage of the BBC family show
In the latest shockwave to hit Strictly Come Dancing, three of its stars are said to be in a ‘throuple’. The BBC has hit the headlines for all the wrong reasons in recent years, following a slew of scandals for the primetime programme.
After Amanda Abbington accused Giovanni Pernice of bullying her on the show in 2023, GoCompare star, Wynne Evans was given the chop from the tour last year after allegedly making a crude sexual slur. Then, there were claims that two of the show’s stars were using cocaine, followed by the shocking news that someone involved with the programme had been arrested on the suspicion of rape.
In the latest setback for the sequin-strewn show, three Strictly stars have been accused of being in a throuple – a relationship involving three people.
READ MORE: Strictly Come Dancing’s Nadiya Bychkova ‘lets slip’ celebrity partnerREAD MORE: Mathew Horne announces very unexpected career move as fans say ‘I can’t believe it’
Sources allege some of the show’s cast were left “absolutely shocked” as the news of the non-monogamous relationship was let out of the bag, according to MailOnline.
The term ‘throuple’ was first bandied about in the press in 2022 when Saturdays star, Una Healy popped up in a photo with boxer David Haye and his girlfriend – although the singer later denied she was in a relationship with the pair.
Now, Strictly has been tarnished with the term, with a source claiming “there is a ‘throuple’ taking place behind the scenes, which has angered some Strictly stars.”
The source, who claimed that the three people can’t be named for legal reasons, had “raised many eyebrows backstage.” They added: “It is, like, the best gossip ever. It all came out during a night out, people were absolutely shocked.
“These are people who have many friends and many connections to Strictly and while nobody is actually doing anything wrong in the scenario, you can only imagine how it has become the talk of the show.”
It comes after the show was rocked by a shocking allegation, with one of the stars being arrested on suspicion of rape.
The male suspect, who has not been named for legal reasons, is also reportedly being questioned by police over allegations involving “non-consensual intimate image abuse”.
The BBC confirmed to The Mirror that there is an “ongoing police investigation”. The police inquiry is not related to the current series.
A Met spokesman told The Sun on Sunday: “On Friday, August 22, officers arrested a man on suspicion of rape and non-consensual intimate image abuse.
“This is a joint investigation… and while the investigation is in its early stages, we urge anyone with any information to come forward to us. The arrest follows a third party allegation of sexual and drug-related offences. Enquiries are ongoing.”
They added that the alleged rape victim is being supported by specialist officers.
The Mirror has contacted the BBC for comment on this story.
* If you’ve been the victim of sexual assault, you can access help and resources via www.rapecrisis.org.uk or calling the national telephone helpline on 0808 802 9999
Get the latest showbiz news with our Mirror Celebs WhatsApp group
WHATSAPP GROUP: Be first to get the juiciest celebrity news to your phone by joining our Celebs WhatsApp here. We also treat our community members to special offers, promotions, and adverts from us and our partners. If you don’t like our community, you can check out any time you like. If you’re curious, you can read our Privacy Notice.
NEWSLETTER: Or sign up to the Mirror’s Celebs newsletter here for all the biggest showbiz scandals, tell-all interviews and exclusive pictures straight to your inbox.
Follow Mirror Celebs on TikTok , Snapchat , Instagram , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube and Threads .